CrossRoads Cowboy Country Church began in 2013 with 24 Christians from the Amarillo area. We met first in a borrowed barn. We then moved an old cabinet shop and finally settled at our permanent home address of 14425 FM 1541 in Amarillo, TX.
Our name defines who we are:
- • CrossRoads: Many people are at a CrossRoads in their life
- • Cowboy: Our purpose to make inroads into the cowboy culture.
- • Country: Not all people are Cowboys, but many people have rural backgrounds. YOU WILL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME.
- • Church: We are a body of baptized believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
We began in conjunction with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, the Southern Baptist Convention, and the Amarillo Area Baptist Association. We are an autonomous (independent) body. We are spirit-led, bible believing, conservative in theology, warm in fellowship, and mission-minded.
Our desire is to relate to the western culture and to reach those who feel uncomfortable in a more formal setting. We believe in the time-honored customs of the old Cowboy Culture. CrossRoads
Country Church is unique in several ways:
- • We seek to maintain traditional worship in our music and in our message.
- • We seek to welcome all people, whatever their background.
- • Prayer time is a very large part of every Sunday and Wednesday Worship.
- • The fellowship is warm and welcoming.
- • Our deep commitment is to missions from the very time that we started.
Since we moved to our permanent location, the Church has continued to grow in the area of youth and children as well as adults of all ages.